Friday 19 October 2012

Steve's words for my day~


Steve Jobs. My all time idol. Yes he is. The world known best man in expanding his big dream into reality. From an adopted boy of two non graduated parents, now he is the legend in the world of technology. Apple inc. That's his shadow of spirit after departed from this life.

I woke up this morning. Tidying up my messy room, spreading out my carpet as preparation for winter coldness, and then I sat in front of my General Surgery book. Getting my mind ready to swallow more facts, only then I realized, I was not as excited as I am before. Is this subject bored? Or is it my laziness that stopped my mind from savouring it's endorphins? Na ah. I need my morning motivational words.

Opening my youtube account, searching for motivational videos, and ended up clicking Steve Jobs video. Speech at Stanford University during their graduation day, it was such a beautiful speech. Devastating. Amazing. In just a moment, I got injected by his spirit of positivity, his confidence, his passion, and his discipline. :)

Here, watch it. And experience the excitement of new motivation.. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO6cFMRqXqU&feature=related

It was put with English Subtitle. Watch it. Trust me, you are not going to waste your 15 minutes. It's worth it. :)

Here I shared some of my favourite picked up quotation of his from this video.

You can't connect the dots looking forward. You can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in the future. Because believe in the dots connect down the road, will give you confidence to follow your heart  even when it leads you off the well-worn path and that will make all the difference."
"I'm pretty sure non if this would have been happened if I hadn't been fired from Apple. It was awful tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith."
"I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I love what I did. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work, is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle." 
"Remembering that I'll be dead soon, is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything, all the external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure, these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." 
 "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by Dogma, which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinion drown out your inner voice." 
"And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
Okay. Time to read. Good luck all~ :)

No comments:

Recent Posts

Introduction

Recent Comments