Saturday 24 September 2011

Open up~




All these years as a doctor, I have seen many young doctors and even colleagues who resigned and left medical practise. When I ask them why, the answer will always be the same:

- never thought medicine was this though and depressing

- parents wanted me to become a doctor

- thought medicine can make a lot of money

- I thought being a doctor is just sitting in a clinic and see patients.

- got influenced by TV programmes

- thought can cure the patients all the time


I was shocked and confused by those articles posted by Dr. Pagalavan's blog. He talks about those low quality HOs in Malaysia. Those corrupted Russian Medical Student, and us as Egyptian Student who'll be joining this corruption soon.

It's a lot of stories, and I know it's possible, and it's an opinion from a full experienced Rheumatologist, who see and knew what's really going on.
I felt a bit burdened and depressed. And so as my friends whose I've shown this article to. While some of them saying that this is all are made up stories from a 'no good Indian doctor'. A little bit racist maybe?

I'm not saying we should believe this article at 100% cost. But as a doctor to be, I mean, another 1 year to be more precise, don't you think it's a good time for us to open up our mind, look more deeply and widely about those challenges we'll be facing? Well, yes, some of those stories MIGHT be exaggerated. We're 23rd for God sake! Read, then digest. Absorb what you think is right, and excrete those unaccepted. Don't just blindly attack people saying they are a liar. It's just an inappropriate act as a grown up.

Okay, back to the topic. Since I was confused and filled with fears after reading his articles, I post a comment, saying that I'm not a good medical student. And scared if I might becoming one of those HO's he's talking about. I'm posting that comment while I'm in the middle of my "Emotional Driven" mode. Not using my mind wisely, but my emotion. And all I can say now, SO STUPID OF ME. Regret, and ashamed. When the "GOSH" commenter replied mine, I was like, "shame on me!"....

What "GOSH" saying was true. But to be clear, my first comment was all an emotional opinion, which in turn "what am I doing?" result.This is what my cleared mind was really saying:

"Yes, I think it is. But now just realized that it’s just me and my low self esteem. I know I’m better than I think I am.Frankly, I’m really into this medicine field. But too much HO stories, sometimes let us down. Don’t worry, I’ll never let those tax payees down.These articles actually opened my eyes, telling me to do better than ever. It shows me that life as a doctor is not as grandiose as others heard. Harder, than I’ll strive harder, and be among those limited. May God will."

Mode: felt challenged. And I accept the challenge. Great quality HO? Wait for us, insyaAllah.

“Dream the impossible dream, Fight the unbeatable foe, Strive with your last once of courage, To reach the unreachable star.”

No comments:

Recent Posts

Introduction

Recent Comments