Sunday 6 January 2013

Imperfection is perfect~

Life isn't perfect. So are you. Us. We'll never be perfect. But that's what human seeking for. Perfection. And it's sickening. Everyone keeps feeling hurts and depressed, thinking on how unfortunate themselves, how lacking they are.

I admit. I do feel the same way. Sometime. Or almost all the time. I keep chasing over things that I don't have. If I managed to get it, I'm more than happy. And if I didn't, I'll ended up punishing myself. And it's unhealthy, I know..

We should stop this tiring routine. This whole wanting thing, demanding things. We should just stop and accept things the way it is. The way it should be. Imperfection is the most perfect thing we can be. Accepting the imperfection is the key to find the inner peace, to live in ease. 

I know it's our nature to be demanding and all. We dreamed. We wanted it to be that way. But why don't we just be cool about it? Take it easy.. Not getting it doesn't mean you're a failure. There is other thing to be happy for.

I think, so far, I got one conclusion of why this whole 'wanna be perfect' things happened. I think, it's because of our "COMPARING" behaviour. Admit it. We were all always comparing ourself with others. We want to be better. We want to have what the others have. We want the same, but yet, still better than them. 

If she's clever, I wanna be excellent. If she's likeable, I wanna be lovable. Richer, hotter, thinner, popular, and so on. 

Don't you all see? It's tiring. Where you feel insecure about what you already have, is it enough, is it something that people will not laugh at, or smirk at. And in the mean time, you feel unhappy over things that you can't or don't have.

Let us all stop this unhealthy cycle. Start to love yourself. Accept everything. We all know how beautiful and amazing God's plan is. He knew what's best for us. Stop comparing ourself with others. And for the girls out there, and myself, stop gossiping about other's imperfections. Or perfections. It'll lead us to be some kind of a judgemental freak, and ended up entering those cycle of comparison..Don't!

Each night, be thankful for what you have. Appreciate it. And hope for a better tomorrow. Beauty comes from within. When you love yourself, when you feel good about everything around you, appreciate and love what you already have, it'll shine through your face.. 

K ladies? Be good to yourself~ :)

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind the scenes with everyone else's highlight reel.---Steven Furtick

No comments:

Recent Posts

Introduction

Recent Comments